Career Options After Diploma :
In now days, the diploma holders are employed as Junior Engineers, Assistant Engineers, executives in hotels, BPO sector and many public and private organizations.
The Central and State Government of India provides a large number of opportunities to diploma holders.
In this post we are going to explain some hot Career Options After Diploma. There are mainly two ways for the diploma holder students..
Further Studies :
This option comes first in the list of Career Options After Diploma. If you are interested for further studies after diploma then you can choose these following courses…
B.Tech Lateral Entry Scheme —
This is a most popular option for diploma holder students. To get admission in top engineering colleges ,candidates need to appear for the respective Engineering Entrance Test for the college and course they want to join.
Many engineering colleges offer lateral entry to Engineering Diploma holders. The meaning of lateral entry that you can join the engineering programme directly in the second year or the third semester of B.Tech / B.E. programme.
Many colleges hold separate entrance test to screen diploma holders for admission via lateral entry scheme.
List of Top Colleges offering Lateral Entry Scheme for Diploma Holder Students
- DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jalandhar
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University(AKTU)
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Noida
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology, Delhi
- KIITS University, Odisha
- Guru Gobind Singh IP University, Delhi
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Chandigarh
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur
- Chitkara University, Chandigarh
- Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology, Sangrur
- SBS College of Engineering and Technology, Ferozepur
Diploma Holders have also the the option to pursue graduation in their respective study domain by joining a three-years regular under-graduate course like B.Sc, B.A., BCA, and B.Com.
The another option for Diploma Holder is AIME (Associate Member of the Institutions of Engineers) Certification. It is a professional certification equivalent to B.E.Degree.
Job Opportunities after Diploma :
The Government offers great career opportunities to Diploma Holder Candidates.Candidates who want to join these jobs are listed below..
- Indian Army
- BSNL(Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)
- NDA(National Defence Academy)
- NTPC(National Thermal Power Corporation)
- NSSO(National Sample Survey Organization)
- IPCL(Indian Petro Chemicals Limited)
- GAIL (Gas Authority of India Limited)
- DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization)
- ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation)
- Private Sector
- Self Employment
There are so many private companies especially those dealing in manufacturing, construction and electronics and communication domains hire Polytechnic Diploma holders.
However, these jobs are junior level and have very little scope of promotion or expansion.
List of Top Private Sector Companies
- Mechanical Engg Firms – Hindustan Unilever, ACC Ltd, Voltas, etc.
- Automobiles – Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, TATA Motors, Mahindra, Bajaj Auto, etc.
- Communication Firms – Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Idea Cellular, etc.
- Electrical / Power Firms – Tata Power, BSES, Seimens, L&T, etc.
- Computer Engineering Firms – TCS, HCL, Wipro, Polaris, etc.
- Construction Firms – Unitech, DLF, Jaypee Associated, GMR Infra, Mitas, etc.
- Airlines – Indigo, Spicejet, Jet Airways, etc.