Hey everyone, Welcome back in another tutorial of WordPress Tutorial Series. In today’s tutorial, we are going to see How to Enable GZIP Compression in WordPress step by step with no step skipped. Basically, by enabling the GZIP compression, it boosts the load speed of your website. So, let’s start, how can we do this.
What is GZIP Compression in WordPress :
How to check a Website is Compressed or not :
There are several online tools to check your website is compressed or not. I’m going to tell you a website where by pasting your site URL, you will get all information regarding to your site like :
Web Page Compressed : Yes/Not
- Compression Type : GZIP ?
- Size, Markup(bytes) : _____.
- Size, Compressed(bytes) : ____.
- Compression % : _____.
- Simply visit this website and paste the URL of your website and then click on Check Status. After fetching your entire website , it will list the some information related to your site like size etc.
Methods to Enable GZIP Compression in WordPress :
Using cPanel (Genuine Method) : This is genuine method to compress your website or to enable GZIP compression. There are few steps to do this as follows….
- Step(I) : Go to inside cPanel of your website or Hosting provider like godaddy etc. If you don’t know how to access cPanel in godaddy Click Here.
- Step (II) : Once, you are inside in your cPanel, scroll down and in Software section, you will get an option Optimize Website, click on this. As you can see in below image clearly.
- Step (III) : After clicking on Optimize Website, you will get a screen where the compression detail of your website will be shown. If it is disabled, click on Compress All Content option and then update the setting. As you can see in below image clearly.
Once, you have updated the settings, now to check it’s compressed or not, visit the website which is mentioned above and paste the URL of your website and check status. I am 100% sure that the status will be Yes and you can easily see the how many % it is compressed, what is the size after compressed, type of compression etc..