How to Upload Website to Live Server :
Hey everyone, welcome back in another tutorial of tech solutions. In this tutorial, You are going to learn How to Upload Website to live server. You will learn how can you upload your files created in HTML, CSS on to a actual live server.
We will learn that what is the process of uploading the files and making your website on actual live server.
This is fairly easy process and this is for although beginners little bit scared to do with themselves. But it is actually very simple and very easy. By following this tutorial , you can do this very easily.
So, let’s start the process of How to upload website to live server but before we begin, let’s understand some couple of things and couple of bad marketing techniques , you may fell upon. So let’s know.
Step (I) First of all in order to upload files to live server, you should check once again your files that they are created properly or not, links are established properly or not, images are showing properly or not.
You have to make sure before uploading to actual server that files are created properly.
Step (II) The next thing you have to take in mind for How to upload website to live server, you have to create a different project and put into a separate folder.
In this folder you have to put all files of your website like HTML file,CSS file etc and make sure in this folder one index.html or index.php file is present. It must be.
Step (III) The next thing, you will need the domain name and web hosting. Domain name is something like ____.com,____.org,____.edu etc and web hosting is something like a hard disk or may be a SSD drive and this is a place where all files of your website is actually going to place.
Step (IV) Once you have purchased a domain name as well as a hosting plan. Go ahead and give a call to your hosting provider and ask them to map all these things together so that he can configure your DNS (Domain Name Server).
- You can do it by yourself but it is a little bit tricky part some people are not able to do these things frankly but trust me your domain provider will do these things properly.
Step (IV) Once your domain name and web hosting are mapped together. Now you are able to login to your cPnael of your web hosting where you have to put your files for the purpose of How to upload website to live server.
(If you have no idea to access cPanel in godaddy or other hosting provider, learn here step by step–Click Here)
- Once you are actually logged in to your cPanel, you will get a lot of sections like Files, ———————-with a lot of options inside these sections. The cPanel of almost every host provider are a little more similar. As you can see in below image…
- After entering in cPnael, click on File Manager option listed in File section as you can see in below image…
Step (IV) After clicking on File Manager, you will get a couple of things inside this section as you can see in below image.
- You have to double click on www option. As it is shown in below image clearly.Here I’m using godaddy cPanel.
Step (V) After double clicking on www option, you will get nothing inside it if you have not uploaded anything else before this and it is the place where you need to upload your site’s files like HTML,CSS, index etc.
- One thing, you should have to notice that if you are going to upload zip file then make sure that after uploading the zip file, don’t forget to extract it and zip file can be extracted directly but not rar file on every cPanel.
So, it was the simple steps for How to Upload Website to live server. I hope, you will have enjoyed and you will have uploaded your website files to live server. If you have any query, suggestion you can suggest in comment box. Your suggestion will be appreciated.
Stay connected for more posts. Thank you!