Hello everyone , welcome in another tutorial of Joomla series. As we have learnt in last tutorial to upload and install the template in Joomla. To continue the Joomla series , today we are going to learn Joomla articles that how can we write a new article , how can publish the article , how can edit the published articles etcs…
So first of all , you need to go your Joomla dashboard and in left side there is an option Content in which there are four options as follows :
- New Article : This is the option which provides you the feature to write a new article.When you click on this button , you will get a Joomla editor which facilitates you many options like heading styles , media adding, special characters , add link etcs.. which will be helpful to write a well defined and designed article.
- Articles : when you will click on this tab , you will get the list of all articles by which you can select anyone and can edit , delete , publish them etcs…
- Categories : this option provides you the list of all created categories and according to categories , you can easily filter your articles .
- Media : This option provides you the facility to upload media files in Joomla media library.
Creating new Article :
To create a new article , you have to click on New Article option and then you will get an editor where you can write your post as shown in below image :
In this editor there are a lot of options with different functionality as shown in above image.Let’s know about these options :
- Title : The first option is Title where you have to provide the Article title.
- Content : In this section , you have to write the content of your Article . You can easily add media files in your article where it needed.
- Images and Links : This section is really useful .In this section , you can the featured image of your post and can give any link to this image as shown in below image :
- Options : It is next one part of article which facilitates you to set the layout , tags , title etcs at globally or not . If you don’t want to show to anything globally you can hide them from selecting hide option among them as you can see in below image :
Publishing : This is very important steps in which you can give the meta description , author name , created date , keywords etcs …
- Meta Description : In this option you have to write a short description about your article.Which will be shown your user when your article comes at search page.
- Meta Keywords : in this option you can provide the most searchable keyword , which will be related to your article.These keywords helps Google to rank your page.
- Author : in this option you can provide the author name who has written this article . This name will be visible to your article readers.
- Starting and finishing date : In this section you can provide the starting and finishing date of your article.
- Modified date : This section represent that date when any modification is done in your article.
- Configure edit Screen : In this options you can provide the article visibility -Globally or not , show Administrator image & link globally or not etcs…options are available.
- Now , once you have done everything perfectly as all settings , featured image , mete description etcs…after it you can publish your article live just by saving it .
So, these are the steps to write new article and publish it globally. I hope that you will have learnt everything clearly. If you have any doubt regarding to this tutorial , you can ask in comment box.Your question will be appreciated.