Hey everyone , Welcome back in new tutorial of WordPress Tutorial Series . In previous tutorial of WordPress Media , we are facing the problem to upload max file size in WordPress . By default , it was only 2 MB means you can add any media file up to 2 MB. But , in most cases , we have to upload media files which have size more than 2 MB , so here we need to increase the max upload size in WordPress .
- There are several ways to change the max upload size in WordPress like using plugins , through cPanel etc…
- Here i’m going to show you three completely working ways to change max upload size.
1st Way–Genuine Method (Through cPanel)
The first method is Genuine Method which works definitely once you did correctly . There are few steps to use this method as follows–
- Visit site of your Web Host Provider and sign in —
First of all you need to visit the site of Your Web Host provider .As in my case , i’m using godaddy so i need to visit the godaddy site and sign in your account.
- Once you are inside of your account , now you need to go into cPanel.
- Once you are inside the cPanel , now you need to click on File Manager option as sown in below image.
- After clicking on File Manager option , you will get the list of all files which are inside the File Manager as shown in below image. You need to double click on public_html as red highlighted in below image .
- fter the above step , now you need to search a file as name php.ini . If it is not here , search in the wp_admin folder and if it is also not inside this folder you need to create a new php.ini file and paste the following text…
upload_max_filesize = 50 MB
post_max_size = 50 MB
memory_limit = 400 MB
file_uploads = On
max_execution_time = 180
- Once you have pasted the above texts , now click on Save Changes option.
- If you have already a php.ini file then select it and click on edit option as red highlighted in below image .
- Again click on edit option.As shown in below image.
- As you can see in below image that the max upload size is 50 MB (This was updated by me before some months) and if you want to change it , you can change as your choice .
- Once you have changed the max upload size , now click on save changes option .
- Once , you have saved the changes , now you need to go your WordPress dashboard and click on Media option where you will get the max upload size changed whatever you have changed .
IInd Way–Using WordPress plugins–
If you don’t want to use the cPanel then you can use very simple method to install WordPress plugins to increase max upload size . There are several WordPress plugins which facilitates you to change the max upload size .
» To learn the WordPress Tutorial , click on below link—
» To learn the Joomla Tutorial , click on below link—
» Take a glimpse at Web Development Overview , click on below link—
» Take a glimpse at Web Designing Overview , click on below link—
So , it was the basic tutorial to increase the max upload size in WordPress. I hope you will have enjoyed this tutorial . If you have any query regarding to this post , you can ask in comment box . Your question will be appreciated.
Stay Connected , Thank You !