SSB Interview 1st Day Procedure :
The 1st day of SSB is also known as SCREENING TESTING. SSB Interview 1st day procedure includes 2 stages as Intelligence Test and PPDT.
Intelligence Test :
It is called stage-I of SSB Interview 1st Day Procedure. Intelligence test (verbal and non-verbal) are similar to Intelligence Quotient (IO) test, normally conducted in any admission/entrance exam.
These tests include grammar, verbal analogies, synonyms, antonyms, meaning of words, idioms and structure of the language, critical reasoning, verbal deductions.
Non-verbal Intelligence test include a series of patterns and figures. You have to identify the pattern and choose the right option from the given answers.
Picture Perception and Description Test :
After the Intelligence test, candidates have to go through PP and DT (Picture Perception and Discussion Test).
In this test, candidates are shown a picture and asked to write a short story based on their perception of the picture.
Intelligence Test-Non-Verbal :
You will usually find questions on the following
- Completion of incomplete pattern
- Spotting out the embedded figure
- Cube and Dice
Intelligence Test- Verbal :
It most specifically refers to more complex thinking tasks, such as analysis, synthesis and evaluation of text.
It aims at evaluating ability to think logically and constructively.
In verbal intelligence test a series of question is provided, candidate has to understand the pattern and pick the correct answer.
The number of questions are generally 40-50 and time given to candidates to solve them, is 25-35 min.
There is no negative marking, so try to attempt all questions.
You will usually find questions on all of the following :
- Spelling Test
- Sentence Completion
- Verbal Deductions
- Synonym and Antonym
- Direction Sense Test
- Sitting Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Logical Venn Diagram
Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PP & DT) :
Meaning of PP & DT :
Thus, SSB shows a picture for 30 seconds and gives 1 minute to write down the details of the picture.
Depending on the picture, candidates are supposed to write a story of their own within a given time. This is the outline of the meaning of PP & DT.
- PP & DT are screening tests which are almost an elimination test of the candidates. This is conducted to know the candidate’s imagination power and description ability in a limited time.
- After the candidates are settled, the psychologist who is present there gives the instruction about PP & DT and tells what candidates should do exactly.
- The picture is displayed on the screen, for 30 seconds. The candidate gets 1 minute to note down the details of the picture and 4 minutes are given to write a story on the shown picture when the screen goes off.