What is SSC CGL Exam?
SSC CGL subordinate services are as follows :
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India
Eligibility Criteria of SSC CGL :
1. Educational Qualifications
Aspirants should have a graduate degree. Aspirants, those are in the final year of graduation can also apply for SSC CGL with their provisional degrees.
A) Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
- Essential Qualifications: Aspirants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University or Institute of India.
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or a Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
B) Junior Statistical Officer
Aspirants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level.
Aspirants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the core subjects at degree level.
3.Age Limit: The minimum age of eligible aspirants should be 27 years and maximum age limit criteria is 32 years.
Exam Pattern of SSC CGL :
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper based|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Overview of SSC CGL :
|Exam Name||SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Date||Tier I: check notification|
Tier II: check notification
Tier III: check notification
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline|
Tier 1 – 60 minutes
Tier 2 – 120 minutes
Tier 3 – 60 minutes
Tier 4 – 45 minutes
Tier 1 – 4 Sections
Tier 2 – 4 Papers