What is Internship?
» Some companies/organizations offer internship work from home, means you can perform the tasks from home.
Things to do before applying for an Internship :
- You should apply early for internships on different platforms e.g., If you need a summer internship then you should start applying from month of January.
- You should have a great skill of writing resume and build a attractive resume for yourself.
- Make profiles on LinkedIn, Branchout, Zerply, AngelList, MeetUp and VisualCV to develop a professional presence online.
- Use your available resources like college network, companies, family members and employees to apply for an internship.
- You should have clarity on the specifics of the type of internship.
- You should be accustomed to Professional English(written) and Professional English(spoken) so that it’s easier for you to communicate with employees.
Why Internships are important?
- It helps you to understand the environment and culture of companies.
- It helps you to understand the tools and technologies which are used in companies.
- You will get an opportunity to learn more about your goals and expectations in your field of study.
- It helps you to build a healthy network of professionals which will help you in longer run.
- It helps to develop your resume and gives a belief to companies(during interview) that you could be a great asset to their company.
- It helps in your transition from working part-time to full-time job.
2. Internshala.com :
» It is another one of the 10 best sites for finding an internship in 2019.
- Starting From
- Max Duration
- Internships with job offer
3. Internmatch.com :
» This website lets you search for entry-level jobs, along with an easy search option that narrows down internships based on your location and interests, which come in handy for when you graduate.
5. Indeed.com :
» This comes at no. 5 in the list of the 10 best sites for finding an internship in 2019.
» It includes all the job listings from major job boards, newspapers, associations, and company career pages.
» Indeed.com makes it possible to save searches and have internships/jobs delivered via email alerts through RSS feeds.
» Indeed.com also makes it possible for you to proactively search for internships and jobs because they have free access to millions of employment opportunities culled from thousands of websites across the net.
» So easy that even on those days you wake up with a killer hangover, you’ll still be able to continue your internship search.
» You need to fill in only two blanks, what and where, it takes less than a minute to find internships. Indeed.com also gives you the option to upload your resume for employers to read; they can contact you if you fit a position they seek.
7. SimplyHired.com :
» This comes at no. 7 in the list of the 10 best sites for finding an internship in 2019.
9. Careershift.com :
» This career search website is not available to everyone so check with the Career Development Center at your college to see if they subscribe.
» This comes at no. 9 in the list of the 10 best sites for finding an internship in 2019.
» If yes, this is a very valuable internship and job search tool because you can get results from nearly every career site and job board out there.
» The site allows you to save and organize companies and contacts and send resumes to select companies either by direct mail or email.
» You can also make direct contact with hiring professionals working at companies you’re interested in.
10. Twenty19.com :
» Other very useful feature is Courses, where students can buy courses and learn online. Currently, the site features Java, Andriod and Professional Email writing courses.
» It exists to educate and enable students to take more initiatives. It was founded in the year 2009 and the headquarters are in Chennai, India.
» The popularity can be seen by this ranking. It has Alexa Global Rank: 73,276 and Alexa India Rank: 5118
So, I hope you will have found this post useful. If you find this post may be useful to others also, please share this post with your friends.
Stay Connected. Thank You!