Hello everyone, Welcome back in another tutorial of Google Adsense Tutorial Series. In the last tutorial we had seen to add AdSense ad code in WordPress Posts & Pages with live image demonstration. Today’s we are going to see that what is CTR, CPC, CPM & Ad Impression in Adsense? Usually, when you will open your AdSense account, you will get these things like Pages Views, CPC, CTR , CPM etc. In this tutorial, I’m going to explain these things one by one in a simple way. So let’s start…
What is CPC ?
- CPC stands for Cost Per Click . It is a basic terminology used in Adsense . It is nothing but the amount you earn each time a user clicks on your ad. The CPC of each ads are different. The CPC of any ad is defined by the advertiser . Some advertiser may want to pay more per click than others, which actually depending on what they are advertising.
- Higher te CPC means more ad earning per ad click.
- For example—
What is CTR ?
- CTR stands for Click Through Rate . It is a most popular terminology used in Adsense . It is a ration of no. of clicks and total page views.The general formula of CTR can be given like this :
- Page CTR =( no. of clicks/total page views)*100
- For example,
If no. of ad clicks = 5
Total page views = 70
Page CTR= (5/70)*100
Page CTR=7.14 %
- Higher CTR means is the ad clicks and increased ad revenue but one thing we should have to care that CTR should be maintained in between 1 to 10 . If it is more than 10 % Adsense thinks that it is invalid clicks .
What is CPM ?
- CPM stand for Cost Per Mille.It is a marketing word.
- It is the amount an advertiser pays a website per one thousand visitors who see its advertisement .
What is RPM ?
- RPM stands for page Revenue Per Mille means page revenue per thousand impressions.
- It can be calculated by dividing your estimated earnings by the no. of page views you received then multiply by 1000
- Page RPM=(Estimated earning/Page Views)*1000
- For Example–
- Higher page RPM means more ad revenue.
What is Ad Impression ?
- The meaning of Ad impressions means how many times users seen the ads on the working page .
- It is always be less than page views .
» To learn WordPress step by step , click on below link —
» To learn Wix step by step , click on below link —
» To learn Joomla step by step , click on below link —
» To learn Weebly step by step , click on below link –
» To learn SqureSpace step by step , click on below link –
» To learn Web Development step by step , click on below link –
» To learn Web Designing step by step , click on below link –
» To learn Git & Github step by step , click on below link –
So, it was the basic tutorial to understand some usually used terms like CTR,CPC etc in Adsense . I hope , you will have enjoyed .If you have any query regarding this post, you can ask in comment box. Your question will be appreciated. In the next tutorial, we will learn about ad units, ad types in Adsense step by step .
Stay Connected . Thank You.