Hello everyone , this is the first tutorial of learning WordPress in which we are going to learn WordPress installation process in our system.Before installing WordPress , let’s know what are the system requirements for WordPress.
Step-I Check the System Requirements–
To install the WordPress in your system , your system must have already installed the database ,Web servers , operating system , Browser as following compatibility…..
- Web Servers–Download and install any web server in your system if you are not installed.You can download the anyone web servers according to your operating system compatibility.
- WAMP (Windows)
- LAMP (Linux)
- XAMP (Multi-platform)
- MAMP (Macintosh)
- Operating System– Windows , Linux , Mac OS etcs..
- Browser Support– Google chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 9 etcs..
- PHP Compatibility– PHP 5.3 or above .
Step-II Download WordPress–
- To download the latest version of WordPress , visit the official site of WordPress- wordpress.org and at the right corner of home page , you will find the Get WordPress link as shown in image as red highlighted box . Simply click on Get WordPress link.
- After clicking the Get WordPress tab , you will find a page to download the latest version of WordPress . Click on Download WordPress 5.02 and your download will be started soon and one zip file will be downloaded.
Step-III Unzip the Download and Create Database —
- Go to the folder where unzip file of WordPress 5.02 is downloaded.Right click on this file and click on extract here the zip. After extracting the zip file , you will find a WordPress folder in which all WordPress file will be placed.
- In next step – Start your web server if you are using XAMPP server , start the Apache and MySQL module as shown in image.
- Once you launch them , you can easily see the green start status as shown in image..
- Now to test your working of local server , go to the browser and type http://localhost/ and press the enter. If you running well and step by step , the page will be shown as follow , it means you have a functioning XAMPP server on your Windows PC.
- Now , after setting the local host server , it is time to install WordPress in your system.
- To install WordPress , copy the WordPress folder which is found after extracting the WordPress zip file.
- Then, go to XAMPP folder which will be present in your local disk(C) .Go inside the XAMPP folder and find the htdocs subfolder :
- In htdocs folder , create a new folder for your site test.Once you created the folder , paste the copied WordPress file or you can extract the WordPress zip file at here and after extracting the zip file delete the zip file.
Step-IV Create Database–
- To create database , go to localhost server on browser and click on phpMyAdmin…
- Now click on Databases tab as shown in image…
- After clicking on Databases tab , write the the name of database same we are created the folder in htdocs wordpress test side and then click on Create tab as shown in image..
Step-V Start WordPress Installer :
- After creating database , now you are ready to install wordpress in your system .Now simply visit in your browser : localhost/folder name : in my case folder name is wordpress test site so i will visit the following : localhost/wordpress test site
- Now you will be able to see something like the following image :
- After it click on wordpress folder the installation process of wordpress will be begin as shown in following image :
- Now choose your language and hit the Continue button . After this , it will ask you for confirmation that are you created database or not . As we know , we have created a database already , now hit the Let’s go button.
Now it will ask you to enter your database connection details .. enter them like this :
- Database Name : name of database you created in Php my admin like wordpress test site.
- Username : write the username as “root”
- Password : i recommend you to leave this blank.
- Now press the submit button , your installation will be started as normally. Once you complete the process , you will see the following window of WordPress :
Woohoo ! it’s working.Now start building your website with WordPress.